Those who follow me on Facebook and Twitter have probably already figured out that I live in Lancaster County Pennsylvania – the land of farms, outlets, quaint towns and of course, the Amish. So, this morning I am going to do my best to give you the top 10 reasons that I love the Amish…
10. They used wind-power before it was cool.
9. It’s amazing to watch them put up a barn in a day that will last a century.
8. The little Amish boys with their wide brimmed hats are so cute.
7. Roadside stands selling fresh produce.
6. Whoopie pies are available…everywhere.
5. Makes me appreciate the fact that I don’t have to leave 2 hours early for every appointment because one horsepower is reeaaalllly slow.
4. Where else can you see teenagers on inline skates hitching a ride on the back of a buggy?
3. We gather around the water cooler for the latest on the grapevine, they have quilting bees where they discuss the best time to prune the grapevine.
2. When there is a forecast of snow they are not at the store buying up the bread and milk – they produce their own.
and, the #1 reason I love the Amish…..
1. No sinus issues in the Spring – manure on the fields take care of that.